The best praise I could ever get, was a comment from my friend, that was asking me after tasting: ”Did you get it from BYTE? 😊(it is a very popular bakery network in Hungary, that is very famous for its cinnabons)”.
With this recipe you can be a real “star pastry chef” and impress all your friend and relatives. The dough is soft, reminds me of the taste of brioche, and welcome addition is an intense cinnamon smell. And it just wouldn’t be it without the glaze, that truly takes these rolls to the whole new level.
For the dough
- 550 gr flour
- 10 gr yeast
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml milk (warm)
- 85 gr butter (melted)
- 135 gr sugar
- 5 gr salt
Fort the filling
- 200 gr brown sugar
- 10 gr cinnamon
- 90 gr butter (room temperature)
For the glaze
- 200 gr mascarpone (cream cheese)
- 100 gr icing sugar
- 80 gr butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the dough: mix the flour with yeast and sugar, then add salt, eggs, melted butter, warm milk, and knead the dough. Add more flour if needed. You need to reach a very elastic texture, but it shouldn’t stick to your fingers. Put the dough into a bowl smeared with a little oil and let it rise for 1,5 hours.
- Stretch out the dough into a rectangle and put the filling – first spread the butter, sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll it up and cut into 4 cm pieces.
- Take a baking tray, cover with a little butter, and place the cinnabons leaving a little space between each. Cover with a kitchen towel and set aside for 40 minutes so they can rise.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and bake for 25 minutes.
- For the glaze: mix all the ingredients together and spread it on the to top of the hot cinnabons right after you took them out of the oven.
One thought on “Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls”
[…] Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls — Julia’s Food Therapy […]
LikeLiked by 1 person