I tried out a lot of brownie recipes, but I find this one to be perfect, so much that it stuck with me now.
The story of how I got this recipe is very exciting. At that time, I was working in a hotel as a corporate sales manager, and among my favorite clients were the ladies that worked for the Hungarian Parliament. Picture a group of middle-aged women, 5-6 of them that worked together for many a years. At first glance, until you got to know them better, they could seem to be very strict and even unfriendly, as the very seriousness of their work, for the benefit of the homeland, obliged them to maintain such image. They were all always elegantly dressed and looked well-groomed. After a while, I got to see them from a completely different perspective. Every time I was in their company, I had the feeling that I had known them for ages and that was why it was so easy for us to find a common language. They turned out to be very open, friendly and, above all, interesting bunch. During one of my many visits to their office at the Parliament, it also happened to be one ladies’ birthday party, and I was treated to a piece of cake. As it turned out, the husband of one of them also worked in the Hungarian parliament, only he was a chef, and this is one of his recipes. Once I tried it, I just could not get away from this chocolate bliss and hastily wrote down the recipe on a small piece of paper.
I made this recipe for many, many times and I’m sure it will be your winning choice too, if you want really sweet treat for yourself and your friends. Enjoy the baking. For the memories of good sweets and good times never fade away. Just as the true friendship.
- 225 g butter
- 225 g brown sugar
- 375 g dark chocolate
- 100 g flour
- ½ packet baking powder(6 gr)
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Place butter, chocolate and sugar in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder.
- Whisk the eggs and add the cacao.
- Stir in the flour to the bowl with melted chocolate and add the eggs.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and pour the batter into the prepared pan and use a spatula to smooth the top.
- Preheat the oven to 160С and bake the brownie for about 25 minutes (the inside of the brownie should remain moist).
One thought on “Brownie”
When I saw dark chocolate as part of this recipe I was already there!