I remember this dessert from my childhood. I ate it only on special occasions because it takes a lot of time to make it, but if you taste it once, this flavor stays with you for all of your life.
Original plan: make the apple strudel. Twist: found a bunch of leftovers in the fridge! Never throw away, utilize!
3 versions of strudel:
- My favorite, cabbage and brussel sprouts, spiced with lemon zest.
- mmmmmmm Greek version with cottage cheese and spinach spiced with green onions and dill. Best goes with Greek yoghurt
- Der Apfelstrudel, sweet version with apples spiced with a handful of walnuts and a pinch of cinnamon.
Please vote which is your favorite or share with me your original filling ideas.
Benefits of making one:
- Gain more confidence dealing with dough and baking.
- Making the variety of stuffing per your liking.