Kids are picky, but will eat anything that is shaped like a muffin.
Serve them delicious looking butternut squash muffins, and trick them into eating all the healthy ingredients that would otherwise be refused with a stark “nooooooooo”! And by the way, Happy Orthodox Easter!
Easy, fast, tasty and healthy! All these words could be used to characterize this recipe. It could be a particularly good solution if you want to make something healthy for your kids, but they are very picky, so you can hide the useful ingredient into a muffin shape and be sure they will love it. Usually during the season of butternut squash, I bake few portions of it and freeze them. Just take it out few hours before you are to use it and you don’t need to bother with baking it each time. The cinnamon gives the muffins a little spicy touch, remind me of a carrot cake, which everybody loves.
This recipe is super easy and super-fast, you can prepare everything really in a few minutes and the result is a very soft muffin with a light texture. My advice would be to eat them on the next day after baking, for some reason they taste much better after a while.
- 200 gr butternut squash (baked and mashed with a hand blender)
- 150 gr flour
- 200 gr sugar
- 2 eggs
- 85 ml of sunflower oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 package of baking powder
- Mix the dry ingredients on one bowl and the liquid ingredient in another bowl.
- Then mix well the two mixtures together.
- Line the muffin tins with paper cases and fill them with the cake mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven(180C) for 20-25 minutes.