No chicken, no problem. Found some turkey and a lot of curry. Decided to try how the two go together…As I discovered – well, indeed!
This version of curry incorporates coconut milk to provide a creamy contrast with the mildly but full of character spicy sauce. The ginger, the coconut and the Asian spices are dominating. I really like reach flavors and mixture of tastes.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 0,5 kg boneless and skinless turkey breast, chopped into regular, bite-sized pieces
- Spices: 1 tbsp. yellow mild curry powder (coriander, curcuma, roman cumin, anise, fenugreek seed, chili, celery seed, garlic powder) 1 tbsp. gingerbread spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, coriander, anise, fennel, cardamom, allspice, ginger) pinch of cinnamon, sweet red pepper powder
- salt, pepper to taste
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 0,2 ml coconut milk canned, full fat
- 0,1 ml of milk
- 0,1 ml of cream
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. of mascarpone
- 1 tbsp. of lemon or lime juice
- Rice or pasta, for serving
- 1 tbsp. of parsley freshly chopper, for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the spices together with the oils and soya sauce and cover the chopped turkey with the mix. Set aside into the fridge for at least 1 hour (could also stay for a night).
- Take out the turkey from the fridge approx. 30 minutes before placing it in the pan. Pre-heat the deep pan on a medium-high heat. Add the turkey and sear until no pink remains, for 5 minutes. We want a little crust and a bit of brown color. You don’t need to totally cook the meat, we need to do it just to gain the color and texture.
- Take out the turkey pieces and stir in garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, for 1 minute. Add the brown sugar. Stir in the coconut milk, the milk and the cream and bring to a simmer. Put back the turkey. Simmer until turkey pieces are cooked through and tender, for about 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp. cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp. water, the mascarpone and the lemon juice. Cook for a few minutes more.
- Serve over rice or pasta, garnished with parsley.